Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

-Nailing down the possibilities, laying out the vague details and letting decisions continue to float around aimlessly, & thats okay..

Jesse and I have been delaying the "where to next" discussion for a while now, mainly because we mostly have absolutely no control over it whatsoever. But today the anxiety of not knowing plus the boredom of the wait not to mention the reality of Jesse's graduation date surfacing this week, has lead to the inevitable serious conversation. Where.... Where? Where.... heh. Good God. So without really investing any real thoughts into where we would end up next, our ~*~ WISH~*~ list looked something like this - #1 - Kings Bay, Ga. or Bangor, Wa. #2 any where else but Groton. We've built up this unbefitting loathing for Groton, a bitter taste, a definite "X" in the possibility of Groton becoming "home" for the next 4 or 5 or how ever many years. San Diego seems nice, Norfolk meh. Sparkling sunny, Kings Bay Ga is where our hopes and dreams of "home" glow.
  Now that we've hammered out the very few things we know about our "options" we decided to Pro/Con list this sucker.  Jesse sort of leans towards Bangor Washington based on the adventure, the scenery, the fact that the type of boat he'd be on would be favorable, I add in the pros being near Seattle, and the out of thin air idea that there might be a bus transit system in order to help cure our one car dilemma - sidenote I should really look that up hah. The CONS -MAJOR mark against Wa. is the distance from our family!, the high cost of living, and uncertain about being there for the long run. I mean eventually we'll want to buy a home, settle down and root our family somewhere, but this is a dilemma for anywhere really, especially without doing real research. Next we weighed Norfolk Va. Pros- Norfolk definitely has the distance benefit -16 hours away from family, and also we'd be right next to Virginia beach. Cons include this is an all military city all military 24/7 and not just the Navy we would literally breath u.s. military, lack of appeal to either of us and also not the type of boat Jesse and I want him to be on. BIG CON on that last one. That is a huge HUGE deal. San Diego was next with really not much to weigh. Pros- great weather, and close to Vegas hahaha and CONS- Not the right type of boat! Next up-> Kings Bay Ga!!!! *** APPLAUSE*** CHEERS*** APPLAUSE*** Pros include Distance from Family! Distance from Florida! (Gator games and DUH FLORIDA <3), Distance from the beach! &  The right kind of boat! did I mention Distance from family?!?!?! Cons include uhm what cons? ;) hahaha Big breath. The last option to mull over is Groton. There is a definite possibility we'd get stuck here.... in Groton.. the LAST on our wish list. Pros- close to Rhode Island - we like Rhode Island ;) also close to Boston & NyC, Not harsh summers (like we're used to), Possible Vacation- because after Jesse's school he gets time off before having to start at his duty station if we move that time will be spent moving our belongings and driving our vehicle plus our pups across the states, however if we stay here then we can take a trip home and visit!!!! <3 , and the added bonus of no moving expenses which trust me would be a BIG pro! ha. Cons include- Brutal winters, not big fans of Groton itself, wrong kind of boat, not great in the long run because of distance.
  So really when it comes down to it we wouldn't mind settling in here in Groton if we had to, we could make the best of it. There's only one place we both agree we MUST go if the option is there --> Kings Bay Georgia. If the option isn't there,  the next place would be Bangor because of its favorable boat type ( I'd say the type of boat but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. lol to be safe we'll keep it like this) and all other choices we are pretty indifferent about. We'll adjust to what we need to adjust to, we'll go where we gotta go. Now the reason I'm not getting my panties in a wad and doing all of this research on where we go next and having a determined absolute prioritized list, is because there is always the possibility the Navy won't need people in Kings Bay or in Bangor... There's no telling. There are 16 people in Jesse's class there could be 6 orders for San Diego and 10 orders for Norfolk at that point its like meh who cares, duke it out. The thing is I don't want to feel like we missed out on something, so no matter where we go (or don't go), when we get those orders, we'll be done waiting! We can plan! We'll find positives no matter where we go. We have to, that's just life! We just have to not let things get so tight and controlled that if they don't go our way,we just fall apart, and feel like we missed out on something way better. Boo on that! ;) I'm here for Jesse. Jesse is my home & I am his. Our family will love us no matter what our zip code is and we'll "make it work" (Woo Tim Gun hahah). <3